Graduate Diploma in Landscape Studies (GDipLS)
The Graduate Diploma in Landscape Studies (GDipLS) is a part of the multi-disciplinary program that aims to produce students who are able to provide different approaches, thoughts, insights and interpretations on different landscape issues from the perspective of their main field of study.
The program encompasses the back subjects needed for the MTLA Program, further deepening and expanding the knowledge and skills of students thereby equipping them with better basis for creating solutions to pressing landscape architecture issues both in the local and national level, from rural to urban scales.
A student in a post-baccalaureate diploma program may opt to proceed to a master’s program upon the recommendation of the Program Adviser and approval of the Dean.
A one-year program that will enable the non-Bachelor in Landscape Architecture degree holders to proceed to the Master of Tropical Landscape Architecture and, thereafter, take the LA licensure exam.
The GDipLS Program is open for Bachelor’s Degree Holders other than in B Landscape Architecture or its equivalent. Applicants must satisfy the requirements set by the University for admission. Additional requirements may be prescribed by the UPCA. Applicants are encouraged to go on a full time program
The minimum requirements for admission into the UPCA IGP are the following:
- • high intellectual capacity;
- • language proficiency; and
- • submission/satisfaction of other program specific requirements.
Proof of English and/or Filipino proficiency shall be required of students whose native language is not English or Filipino, except those who graduated from institutions where the medium of instruction is English or Filipino. For English proficiency, a score of at least 500 in the paper-based, or at least 173 in the computer-based, or at least 61 in the internet-based (iBT) forms of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or at least a score of 5.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or a certification from a duly authorized unit of the University shall be required.
Foreign student applicants shall conform to other requirements for study in the Philippines based on University rules.
Each applicant shall further submit the following college-level requirements:
- • a duly accomplished application form;
- • one original and one photocopy copy of the official transcript of records (for undergraduate and graduate degrees);
- • certificate of General Weighted Average (GWA);
- • photocopy of Degree Diploma/s or equivalent document as proof of completion of degree requirements;
- • recommendations from two (2) former professors or experts in the field in which the student is applying for;
- • four (4) 35 x 45 mm pictures;
- • curriculum vitae;
- • one original and one photocopy of PSA/NSO birth certificate (and marriage certificate, if applicable);
- • for a foreign student applicant, one certified true copy of the official passport with the certification undertaken by the applicant’s embassy;
- • payment of PHP 1000.00 application fee for resident applicants or USD 25.00 for foreign non-resident applicants; and
- • other special admission requirements that may be imposed by the University or the UPCA IGP.
University Admission Requirements
Once accepted into the program, the applicant shall further submit the following requirements for university-level admissions:
- • Certificate of Honorable Dismissal from the applicant’s latest previously-attended academic institution, if not a graduate from the University of the Philippines;
- • Duly accomplished Student Directory Form (with photo);
- • Duly accomplished Program of Study affixed with signature and published in non-editable format (pdf); and
- • Certificate of compliance with the Pre-enrollment Health Assessment (PEHA) from the UP Diliman Health Service, upon issuance of College Admission Slip (CAS).
All authentication required of submitted documents will be done by the UP Diliman Office of the University Registrar (OUR).
Course Specific Requirements
The additional requirement for admission into the GDipLS program is a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning.
Program of Study – Schematic Diagram