Each team will be comprised of undergraduate students who will be tasked to create a conceptual design for the body of a Modern Jeepney. The primary concerns of the conceptual design are the space for the commuters and the driver, and the creative form of the vehicle’s body. There are two (2) types of passenger seating for Public Utility Vehicles (PUVs), front and side seating, which the students must explore in their design.
Technical aspects such as the engine and other mechanical parts will not be a concern in the design. The dimensions are based on the Philippine National Standard for PUV Class 2 and 3, which can be downloaded from the UPCA website.
PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION
- Form a team comprising of:
- Two (2) to three (3) undergraduate students (at least 18 years of age) currently enrolled in the University of the Philippines (UP). At least one member shall be a student of UPCA.
- One (1) or two (2) members of the team may be students from the UP College of Fine Arts (CFA) and the UP College of Engineering (CE).
- One (1) faculty adviser from UPCA.
- Download and duly fill out the registration form from http://upca.upd.edu.ph/blog-upca-extension.
- Submit the completed registration form together with the members' UP Form 5s, to the competition secretariat at the College of Architecture's Research and Extension Office; look for Arch. Edra Belga or Arch. Jeric Rustia.
- Secure your Registration number through the Secretariat at the Research & Extension Office of the UP Diliman College of Architecture (you will be receiving a photocopy of your signed registration form and assigned entry registration number upon submission).
- Employees of Hyundai Asia Resources Inc. and UP College of Architecture (except for Entrants’ advisers) including their relative up to second degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from joining the contest
- Submit CD’s of their digital files to the Secretariat at the Research & Extension Office of the UP Diliman College of Architecture.
- The Competition Secretariat shall receive the final entries only until April 24, 2018 (Tuesday) at 5:00 pm in the afternoon.